A year ago today, I sat on a couch next to this really awesome guy as the sun began to rise. He turned to me and asked a bunch of questions about relationships, to which I gave a bunch of stupid and awkward answers. I’m so glad that didn’t stop him, because his final question was this: “Will you be my girlfriend.” I replied, “Sure.”
Thankfully, he was totally cool with that dumb answer, and he’s still totally cool with all the dumb answers I continue to give.
Here are some highlights of the past year:
- The raised eyebrow
- Chick-Fil-A (and Rayanch)
- A #10 at McDonald’s with BBQ sauce and a blue Powerade
- Long drives (minus car-sickness)
- Late-night American Dad
- Family Guy
- My 21st birthday
- Peanut butter anything
- Three Christmas trees
- The troll-goblin-Dobby thing from Runescape
- Crash Bash
- Summer nights with no air-conditioning
- No-shave November
- His scruffy beard when it’s not November
- Ruby Tuesday
- Bud Light vs. Coors Light
- 3:45 a.m. good-byes
- 8 a.m. good-byes
- Afternoon good-mornings
- Dirt Road Anthem
- Applebee’s date night
- Sweet surprises
- Movie photo-booth pictures
- Air hockey at the Cobb
- Goofy faces
- Goofy voices
- Goofy actions
- The moments that stay between us
- Wrath of the Titans
- Colder Weather
- “Don’t tell me my business, devil woman!”
- Daydreaming about cat names
- I Love You Phillip Morris
- True Lies
- True Blood
- Game of Thrones
- The Newsroom
- Anticipating living together
- Chicken pot soup
- His nieces (they are too precious)
- His family is totally my family
Posted in Boy Meets Girl
Tagged American Dad, anniversary, Applebee's, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Billy Madison, boyfriend, Bud Light, Chick-Fil-A, Chicken pot soup, Colder Weather, Coors Light, Crash Bandicoot, Dirt Road Anthem, Family Guy, Game of Thrones, I Love You Phillip Morris, Januween, Jason Aldean, Josh, list, love, McDonald's, Oasis, peanut butter, pizza, Powerade, Reese's, Ruby Tuesday, Runescape, Ted, The Newsroom, tribute, True Blood, True Lies, Veep, well-spent, Wrath of the Titans, year, Zac Brown Band
Here are the things that interest me this week:
- Sundays. I love Sunday television, at least for now. Currently, my favorite Sunday shows include Drop Dead Diva and True Blood. Plus, HBO now has a new show called The Newsroom, which airs on Sundays after True Blood. I really, really loved the pilot and can’t wait to see how the rest of the season goes.
- Memes. Particularly Ermahgerd and the Overly Attached Girlfriend. Seriously, I could spend hours scrolling through them.
- Bump. I’ve had this app for a year or two now but never had the opportunity to use it until this week. It’s pretty awesome. You can share your contact info, specific contacts or pictures stored on any of your devices with any other device (as long as they have this app, of course). To share, you open the Bump app then simply bump the products against each other (gently, though! you don’t want to break them). You can also bump things to your computer (though I haven’t tried it yet, so I’m not sure how that works). There is also an Android version of this app.
- Rosie’s Birthday Rat. This was one of my favorite books as a kid. Unfortunately, it’s super hard to find in bookstores now–I think you have to order it online. Thankfully, my mom still has my copy! (I saw it when I visited her a week ago and asked her to pretty please hold onto it for me until I’ve settled somewhere at least semi-permanent.)
- Garlic Sauteed Spinach. I made this last night with Rosemary-Garlic Chicken. (Don’t judge me for my obsession with garlic.) I was surprised by how much I liked it. And my boyfriend said he’d eat it again if I cook it. Double win for me!
- Anger Management. I haven’t seen it yet, but I imagine it’ll be a little something like, um… Winning!
- Flow. This is a game which requires you to connect the dots, but in a particular way–all the connecting lines have to fill the screen. It kind of seems like what would happen if Tetris and PipeRoll procreated. You can play this as a timed game or simply for leisure.
- Band Together. I think maybe the creator was a bit disturbed. These cardboard creatures have to move through a box while avoiding being stabbed by pencils or thumbtacks. I will say, though, it can be pretty challenging at times, which is why I enjoy it. Plus, most of the tutorial sketches are cute and funny.
- Paper. This app allows you to use your iPad as a notebook. You can sketch or take notes or do whatever you want. I love that I can design the front of each notebook! My only quip is that you only get one style of pen free… but I know FiftyThree has to make money (and for someone who would use this often, it’s well worth the spend). Besides, I’m just being a cheapskate.
- Fake Dora the Explorer movie trailer. My boyfriend showed this to me last night. I’m still giggling.
If you have any suggestions for an upcoming Friday post, let me know in the comments or by contacting me. I’d love to know what interests you!
Posted in Infatuation Friday
Tagged Android, Anger Management, app, Apple, Band Together, book, boxes, Bump, CBS, Charlie Sheen, College Humor, Dora the Explorer movie trailer, Drop Dead Diva, entertainment, ermahgerd, FiftyThree, Flow, food, FX, games, garlic, Garlic Sauteed Spinach, HBO, iPad, iPhone, iPod, Linda Glaser, meme, Memes, moving, Newsroom, notebook, overly attached girlfriend, Paper, Paper by 53, PipeRoll, reading, Rosemary-Garlic Chicken, Rosie's Birthday Rat, stylus, Sundays, television, Tetris, True Blood, Two and a Half Men, winning