Here are the things that interest me this week:
- Sundays. I love Sunday television, at least for now. Currently, my favorite Sunday shows include Drop Dead Diva and True Blood. Plus, HBO now has a new show called The Newsroom, which airs on Sundays after True Blood. I really, really loved the pilot and can’t wait to see how the rest of the season goes.
- Memes. Particularly Ermahgerd and the Overly Attached Girlfriend. Seriously, I could spend hours scrolling through them.
- Bump. I’ve had this app for a year or two now but never had the opportunity to use it until this week. It’s pretty awesome. You can share your contact info, specific contacts or pictures stored on any of your devices with any other device (as long as they have this app, of course). To share, you open the Bump app then simply bump the products against each other (gently, though! you don’t want to break them). You can also bump things to your computer (though I haven’t tried it yet, so I’m not sure how that works). There is also an Android version of this app.
- Rosie’s Birthday Rat. This was one of my favorite books as a kid. Unfortunately, it’s super hard to find in bookstores now–I think you have to order it online. Thankfully, my mom still has my copy! (I saw it when I visited her a week ago and asked her to pretty please hold onto it for me until I’ve settled somewhere at least semi-permanent.)
- Garlic Sauteed Spinach. I made this last night with Rosemary-Garlic Chicken. (Don’t judge me for my obsession with garlic.) I was surprised by how much I liked it. And my boyfriend said he’d eat it again if I cook it. Double win for me!
- Anger Management. I haven’t seen it yet, but I imagine it’ll be a little something like, um… Winning!
- Flow. This is a game which requires you to connect the dots, but in a particular way–all the connecting lines have to fill the screen. It kind of seems like what would happen if Tetris and PipeRoll procreated. You can play this as a timed game or simply for leisure.
- Band Together. I think maybe the creator was a bit disturbed. These cardboard creatures have to move through a box while avoiding being stabbed by pencils or thumbtacks. I will say, though, it can be pretty challenging at times, which is why I enjoy it. Plus, most of the tutorial sketches are cute and funny.
- Paper. This app allows you to use your iPad as a notebook. You can sketch or take notes or do whatever you want. I love that I can design the front of each notebook! My only quip is that you only get one style of pen free… but I know FiftyThree has to make money (and for someone who would use this often, it’s well worth the spend). Besides, I’m just being a cheapskate.
- Fake Dora the Explorer movie trailer. My boyfriend showed this to me last night. I’m still giggling.
If you have any suggestions for an upcoming Friday post, let me know in the comments or by contacting me. I’d love to know what interests you!