- Blur It. This app is pretty simple, but really helpful. It lets you blur parts of photos that you don’t want people to see. (It’s great for blurring out personal info before posting photos online–you can see how I’ve used it here and here.) The developers are offering the paid version free right now because of problems with the free version. Available in iTunes for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. FREE.
- Broadway Cats. Here’s a fun Friday read for you (even if it is a week old): Gawker reported last Friday on a “No-Talent Hack Cat Fired from Broadway for Sucking.” The Gawker story follows an actual news piece from the New York Post about the cat starts in the “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” Broadway production. Ha!
- Camera+. I down-loaded Camera+ while I was in San Antonio. My boss told me he uses Camera+ to edit his photos (in the same way you’d use Photoshop to make your photos look more real). So I tried downloaded it, and I’m totally loving it. I can snap pictures from in the app or pull photos from my camera roll into the app’s lightbox for editing. Once I start editing, I can adjust lighting; rotate and flip the photo; crop it; add color, fading and distorting effects and add borders. Once I’ve finished editing, I can save the photo to my camera roll or share it on Facebook, Twitter or Flickr. It’s not an all-encompassing photo-editing app, but for 99 cents, it does the trick. Available in iTunes for iPhone 5 or iPad. $0.99.
- Movie Madness. I don’t go to the theaters often (too pricey!) but I may make a few trips there in the coming months. Lots of great movies are scheduled to hit theaters in the next six months, like Scary Movie 5 (April) and Kickass 2 (September). Super excited!
- Solitaire Blitz. My bestie told me about Solitaire Blitz yesterday. I’ve downloaded it but haven’t had a chance to play. It seems the game offers several twists on the original solitaire, with timed games, cute characters and other options included. Available in iTunes for iPhone and iPad. FREE.
- 3D Little Mermaid. My bestie told me yesterday that The Little Mermaid is set to hit theaters in September… and in 3D! When I was searching for confirmation, I found a Huffington Post report from January stating that the showing had been cancelled. (That seems to be the consensus from other sites as well.) I’m still keeping my fingers crossed that it happens anyway.
- Whitagram. This is another photo-editing app that I love. (I’m not sure how I didn’t know about it before last week.) You upload a photo to the app, and it will give rectangular photos a square white background. This is perfect for people who want to add photos to Instagram without cropping out parts of the photo. (See some of my examples here and here.) Available in iTunes for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. FREE.
- App Advice. This website offers news, guides, reviews, updates and more on popular iTunes apps. My favorite part: Each week, the website features a list of paid apps available for free download. An App Advice app is available in iTunes for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. $1.99.
- Infused Booze. I used to think infusing alcohol is kind of weird (mostly because my vodka-soaked gummy bears tasted like rubbing alcohol last summer), but I’m on board now. A few weeks ago, I had the chance to taste a couple of different flavors: pineapple-infused vodka (just, yes) and strawberry-, pineapple- and jalapeno-infused silver tequila (it was… different, but I’m glad I tried it). I’ve been seeing ideas for others too, like Peep-infused vodka. Huh. If you try it, let me know how that goes.
- Peeps. Speaking of peeps and booze, check out these 18 ways to drink & eat marshmallow Peeps on Easter. (Actually, most are dessert recipes, but there are a couple of cocktail ideas in there too.)
Friday Freebies (in iTunes):
- Free App of the Week: Phoster
- Free Song of the Week: “Crickets” by Drop City Yacht Club (feat. Jeremih)
Have any ideas for this weekly post? Send them to me via email or Facebook. Don’t forget to follow me around the web for updates you won’t see here!
This entry was posted in Infatuation Friday
and tagged "Crickets" by Drop City Yacht Club (feat. Jeremih)
, 3D Little Mermaid
, App Advice
, Blur It
, Broadway Cats
, Free App of the Week
, Free Song of the Week
, Friday Freebies
, infatuation friday
, Infused Booze
, Movie Madness
, Solitaire Blitz
, starbucks pick of the week
. Bookmark the permalink