- 3D Priniting. This technology seems to be really taking off. I remember first reading about it when I was given an assignment to write a news summary about 3D lunar habitat a couple of months ago. Then a couple of weeks ago, I noticed a video of a 3D printing pen on our website and my mind was blown. Then I saw a couple of neat articles about more ways 3D printing is being used. Wired reported on a 3D printed car, and Mashable reported on some 3D printed football cleats from Nike. What. Even.
- Breaking Bad. This is pretty old (I intended to feature it in i.f. two weeks ago) but still pretty worth sharing. People reported on February 26 that some clothes fom Breaking Bad we’re dropped off at a New Mexico shelter, which sold the clothes at its thrift store to benefit the shelter. So cool!
- 94 Seconds. My new favorite game is 94 Seconds. My best friend told me about it a couple of weeks ago, when the relax upgrade was available for free, but I forgot to download the game until last weekend. It’s still fun; the only difference between my version and hers is she has relax mode (it’s not timed) and I don’t. The relax upgrade is no longer free. When playing the game, you are given a category (musical instrument, U.S. state, clothing, etc.) and a letter. You are supposed to type a word that fits in the category and starts with the letter you are given. You have 94 seconds to figure out as many words as possible. Available in iTunes for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad, and in Google Play for Android. FREE.
- iFunny. My sister’s fiancé tells me I’m behind the times because I just discovered iFunny. I’m that loser who saves all the photos that I think are hilarious. Available in iTunes for the iPhone and iPad and in Google Play for Android. FREE.
- The Fluffington Post. I am totally in love with The Fluffington Post! It’s an adorable news-style site that is just so perfect for brightening your day. (If found it in the April issue of Ladies’ Home Journal.) Click through for great headlines like “Puppy finds stick, doesn’t know how to proceed.”
- Tina Fey. I am completely in love with LHJ’s interview with Tina Fey. I adore the stories she told about her daughter, and the anecdotes from Lily Tomlin were just fantastic. Definitely go pick up a copy of the April issue of Ladies’ Home Journal if for no other reason than to read the interview.
- Here Comes the Boom. Josh likes MMA, so it was a no-brainer that we’d watch Here Comes the Boom. It was kind of cheesy, but I still liked it. (Side note: The music teacher reminds me of one of my former teachers. Ha!) I recommend it.
- Vine. I’m finally on board with Vine. I’ve set up an account, but that’s as far as I’ve gotten. If you want to follow me, my username is arbama. (I don’t think there’s any way to find me other than through the app, so no links for now.)
- Squish Face Dogs. This is another gem from LHJ. Check out Squish Face Dogs for your daily dose of doggy cuteness.
Have any ideas for this weekly post? Send them to me via email or Facebook. Don’t forget to follow me around the web for updates you won’t see here!