Josh and I made a quick trip to the grocery store this weekend without much time for meal-planning, so the next couple of weeks will likely be quick fixes (grilled chicken or fish, frozen leftovers, sandwiches and so on). I’m not even sure I have all the ingredients for the meals I did plan (and I’m only realizing this today… ugh).
Anyway, here are some of the meals we’ve planned:
- Turkey Chili with cornbread
- Baked BBQ Chicken Tenders
- Chicken Fajitas with Spanish rice and black beans
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard and White Beans
- Turkey Burgers
- Scrambled Egg Muffin Sliders (for a grab-and-go breakfast)
I also think it’s important to have some light snacks on hand so we don’t gorge (what a gross word) at mealtime or resort to overly-processed vending machine snacks.
Here are some snacks I have planned:
- Fruit slices (I’m going to try the salt or lemon trick to keep them from browning, so I can have them ready for us to grab on our way out the door.)
- Hummus (I’m debating whether I should make some or just buy it.)
- Peanut Butter-Yogurt Dip
- Trail Mix (I make these in single-serve zipper bags so I can customize them to what each of us wants.)
(If you’re interested in how any of this turns out, you can bet I’ll be posting food pics to Instagram.)
Workouts last week were a bust, but I’m hoping to stick it out this week. (I ended up doing yoga through a migraine Thursday night and Saturday morning, and it was so worth it–for those few moments, I felt at least kind of better.)
I still plan to stick with the yoga DVD for now. I’m really enjoying it, and changing which segment I use is enough of a change to keep it feeling fresh for now.
Are you trying any new recipes or workouts this week?