Nearly two weeks ago, I shared a little of my holiday obsession with you. Well, I mean, you already knew I love Christmas, but still don’t think you know how much I really love Christmas. (Don’t worry; I’m sure you’ll find out.)
This was the first year (since graduating high school) I’ve decorated before Thanksgiving. I was kind of embarrassed to be That Girl, but it was necessary. I have my reasons. I’m owning it. That is all.
But now Thanksgiving is over and the holiday season is in full-swing, and I can proudly express my love for this month. I’ve begun planning my Christmas festivities (not that I haven’t been planning all year). Here are a few things I’ll be doing in the coming month:
- Going to my sister’s tacky Christmas party/cookie exchange
- Hosting my own cookie exchange
- Attending my town’s local Christmas tree lighting
- Watching ABC Family’s 25 Days of Christmas
- Making this “first home” ornament with Josh
- Whipping up some Grown-Up Hot Chocolate
- Creating/sending Christmas cards
- Adding some garland with deco mesh to my decorations
- Having 3 family Christmases
- Celebrating an early Christmas with my sissy and bestie (as is tradition for us)
- Possibly attending a Living Christmas Tree performance
- Watching Fred Claus with Josh
- Watching White Christmas with my Granny
- Watching National Lampoon’s Christmas Vaction with anyone!
- Inventing new traditions with Josh
- And, most importantly, eating too many cookies (kidding…kind of)
You can see more of my ideas as I pin them to my “Festivus” board.
What are your plans for the holiday season?