Thanksgiving went by wayyy too quickly. And, um, so did this weekend. I can’t believe it’s already Monday again. Here are some of the goings-on of my weekend:
- I was exhausted from cooking nearly all day on Thanksgiving (so worth it, by the way), so I slept a lot.
- My dad did some handywork for me around the apartment while my stepmom hemmed a pair of pants for me (a solid 10+ thank-yous later, and I still don’t feel like I’ve thanked them enough).
- I went to a small birthday party for my sister with my best friend, my family and my sister’s fiancé’s family (because my little sister got engaged Friday, and we aren’t even going to discuss how old I feel).
- I got a little crazy with Thanksgiving leftovers as my breakfast. I really didn’t expect it to be so much food. (I got the idea from How Sweet It Is.)
- Josh and I spent the afternoon with his family and celebrated Thanksgiving with them. His uncle smoked a turkey, and it looked like a giant piece of poultry-shaped charcoal on the outside but turned out to be friggin’ delicious on the inside. And his 3-year-old niece nearly broke my heart when she cried and screamed for us to stay and beat on the screen door as we left.
- Alabama beat Auburn, but I kind of didn’t even didn’t want to gloat. That wasn’t even a game at all. It was just sad for Auburn. (I joked that at the press conference, Chizik was begging Auburn to please not fire him.)
- I went to another birthday get-together for my sister. We went out to eat with a few of her friends, then her fiancé–Mike–and I took her out for drinks. (Because not only is my little sister engaged, but she is now old enough to go to the bars. what. even.) It turns out, I am old. I wanted to crawl in bed by midnight, and she was telling us we had to entertain her for two more hours. There is something wrong with me.
- I woke up just in time to go to lunch to say goodbye to Mike
- I worked. A lot. And drank hot cocoa to make it better.
- At some point I took a break from working to watch The Campaign. I regretted that decision at about 3 a.m. today, but then stopped regretting it when I remembered how funny it was. That process is still on-going.
What did you do this weekend?