- V.P. Debate. I didn’t get a chance to watch the Vice Presidential debate last night, but I’ve seen a lot of buzz about it this morning. While I try to piece together the important parts of the debate, I’m keeping myself entertained with the memes and gifs that resulted. My favorite, so far, is this gif.
- DropBox. This is an app that allows you to exchange your photos, documents and videos between computers, phones and tablets. You upload the files to your DropBox account and can then access them from any device that has DropBox installed. At first glance, this app seems a lot like Evernote (an app a reader recommended a few months back). I only downloaded it this morning, so I still don’t really know what to expect from it. (Thanks, Sissy, for telling me about this!)
- Geek a Week. This site, run by artist Len Peralta, features weekly geek-star trading cards. Each card has a caricature of a famous geek dressed as an alter-ego, followed by a a creative description and fun facts about the person. Among my favorites are The Big Bang Theory, Timmy the Monkey, Adam Savage and Rifftrax.
- That’s What That Means. If you’ve never seen this, go look at it now. You’ll laugh at the definitions for words and phrases you’ve been using for years.
- Furious Pete. He calls himself an epic eater. There’s no doubt that’s true. This guy has eaten 12 pounds of food in less than an hour, 15 scoops of ice cream in 3 minutes and a 16-inch pizza in 2 minutes. He’s consumed 10,000-plus calories of french toast, 11,680 calories of “epic cake” and 7,350 calories of hot chocolate. Adam Richman has nothing on Furious Pete. You can find his epic eating, goofy and workout videos on his YouTube channel. (And be sure to check read how he got started; his story is incredible.)
- ON Human Coupon. This week, Old Navy celebrated 5 million Facebook fans by creating a human coupon. A large group of people stood together for a photograph that created a scan-able code for 30 percent off. Read the whole story here.
- Winter. I know it’s still fall (and just barely, at that), but I’m already preparing for winter. As you know, I have a bit of a love affair with Christmas. So I’ve already started getting pumped for the most wonderful time of the year. If you, too, enjoy prepping your winter kitchen supplies early, check out my “Winter Recipes” board.
- American Horror Story. I was kind of really obsessed with this show last year, and now it’s back for another season. It’s a miniseries, so if you missed last season, you won’t be confused by this season. While season one was set in a haunted house, season two will take place in an asylum (creepy, right?). Season two premiers on FX Wednesday (October 17) at 10 p.m. EST.
- How to Be a Woman. I mentioned this last week, then ended up buying it Friday night. I’m really enjoying this book. I think it’s the fix I needed for my recent apathy for reading. Moran makes me want to stand in front of my mirror (or, better yet, in a chair) and declare, “I AM A FEMINIST.”
- Strange & Creepy. I laughed–maybe even cackled–at this slideshow of 10 of the Strangest and Creepiest Album Covers. Enjoy!
Have any ideas for this weekly post? Send them to me via email or Facebook. Don’t forget to follow me around the web for updates you won’t see here!
This entry was posted in Infatuation Friday
and tagged "Winter Recipes" board
, 10 of the Strangest and Creepiest Album covers
, 5 million fans
, Adam Richman
, Adam Savage
, American Horror Story
, Caitlin Moran
, epic eater
, Furious Pete
, Geek a Week
, How to Be a Woman
, infatuation friday
, Joe Biden
, Len Peralta
, Oh That's What That Means
, Old Navy Human Coupon
, Paul Ryan
, presidential elections 2012
, The Big Bang Theory
, Timmy the Monkey
, trading cards
, vice president
. Bookmark the permalink