- Smoothies. I’ve been drinking smoothies for breakfast every day this week. I’ve been trying different varieties, and (mostly) loving them. More on that next week.
- Being Human. Josh and I have been watching season one on Netflix, and we’re both kind of addicted. I seriously wanted to stay up all night last night to finish out the season. (In case you don’t know, Being Human is a show on Syfy about a vampire, a werewolf and a ghost who are roommates.)
- All Groan Up. Remember how I was pinning and generally obsessing about 20-something things a few weeks ago? Well, I still am. But before most of my reading was from Thought Catalog. While I still enjoy Thought Catalog, I’ve also begun reading All Groan Up. I feel like I learn more from this site than from the latter because it touches on several things that I’m going through (like post-grad job-hunting and self-worth tied to a career) as well as values that are important to me (like faith, friends and family). My favorite so far has been 21 Secrets for Your 20s (it’s also available as a free ebook).
- Black Bean Burgers. I used this recipe to make these Wednesday night. They were a success! So simple and so yummy. Plus I got to geek out over using my food processor. (It’s just so darn awesome!)
- Dogshaming. I actually found this about a month ago, but I keep forgetting to share it. If you are a dog owner or know a dog owner, you’ll probably like this a lot. I laughed until I cried when I looked at it the first time.
- Stuff Mom Never Told You. I’ve been a Mom Stuff fan for nearly a year, but I’m mentioning it now because of its new Tumblr page. Cristen and Caroline, the hosts of the podcast and writers for the blog, share fun facts about women (and some about men) they find via Tumblr. Occasionally they’ll add their own commentary (like Caroline does in this post about woman-shaming).
- Scribblenauts Remix. This was the Starbucks Pick of the Week last week. I picked up the card with the code, but didn’t download it until last night. I’m still learning how to play (I have to use very precise language to get the objects I need), but I’m having a lot of fun with it. I love that it really makes me think. If you download it ($0.99), I suggest taking the tutorial. It doesn’t take long, and you’ll definitely need it to understand the game.
- Philly Swirl. Hilary and I tried the Swirl Cups with Candy Spoonz earlier this week. You can try different candy/cup combos to make a variety of flavors. I tried Rainbow ice with what appeared to be a rainbow spoon (it wasn’t; it was bubblegum flavored… ew!). I liked the italian ice and hope to try another (hopefully better) flavor combo later.
- This review of Bieber’s new single. I think this person was listening when I was ranting a few weeks ago about Justin Bieber’s “As Long As You Love Me.” Seriously. Every point is one I made to Hilary and Josh. The thing that irritates me the most is that the Biebs is singing about how he could be poor and starving and it wouldn’t matter; that’s something he’ll never have to experience. Actually, it’s a toss-up between that and Big Sean calling some chick his hallelujah. *facepalm*
- The iPhone 5. Of course, I can’t go without mentioning the release of the new iPhone. Yes, I want one. No, I won’t buy one. At least not immediately. I’m broke and would rather see some reviews on it first. Plus, there’s a chance the 4s is (now available for $99) is a much better deal.
Have any ideas for this weekly post? Send them to me via email or Facebook. Don’t forget to follow me around the web for updates you won’t see here!
This entry was posted in Infatuation Friday
and tagged 20-somethings
, 21 Secrets for Your 20s
, All Groan Up
, As Long As You Love Me
, Being Human
, Black Bean Burger
, Food Network
, infatuation friday
, iPhone 4S
, iPhone 5
, Justin Bieber
, Mom Stuff
, Philly Swirl
, Sandra's Money Saving Meals
, Scribblenauts Remix
, Stuff Mom Never Told You
, Swirl Cups with Candy Spoonz
, Thought Catalog
. Bookmark the permalink