A few things I like this week:
- Both of Us. I really love the contrast of Taylor Swift’s sweet-sounding voice with B.o.B.’s raps. But maybe I’m biased because I like both of them anyway.
- My new dress. I was having a bad day earlier this week, so I decided to try some retail therapy (something I rarely do). I tried hitting up the sales racks at Target (they had a huge sale, with several items up to 75 percent off!), but they had been picked over. I looked around anyway, and saw this dress. It was still full-price, but when I tried it on I fell in love. It’s super cute and feels phenomenal. Normally, I never buy clothes at full-price–I always wait for dresses to fall below $20 (sometimes less, depending on the material and season). But I knew I’d wear this dress again and again, so the $25 tag was okay with me.
- Cuddles and Rage. I feel like I’ve heard of this blog before, but I am now totally obsessed. I posted the “Supper with a Sloth” photo to my personal Facebook last week. I’m telling you, these characters are hee-larious.
- Exercise. We’ve been trying to come up with fun new ways to exercise since neither of us really likes to run. We’ve talked about Parkour and CrossFit, but I’m kind of a wimp so that hasn’t happened. Instead, we hung out at our apartment’s playground yesterday . Unfortunately, it’s built for kids ages 5-12, so it’s too small to do anything productive. However, there is a huge grassy area next to the playground. So we decided to bust out some old gymnastics/cheerleading moves (in the spirit of the Olympics?). The result? Two injured fingers. I bruised my pinky. Josh did something to make his ring finger swell. My guess is he just bruised it pretty badly, but we’re keeping an eye on it to be safe. I tell ya, we get into the weirdest shenanigans.
- Chuck. I started watching this around Thanksgiving(ish) when I was visiting family and my uncle was watching it (he owns all fives seasons). I watched probably four episodes in one day (45 minutes long, each). I was obsessed, so he sent me back home with the first two seasons on DVD. Josh started watching it with me somewhere in season two. Now I’ve borrowed season three, and it’s become a nightly thing for us. One episode per night. We usually reluctantly stop there.
- Seinfeld. I’ve been a Seinfeld fan for years (I think I started watching it when I was in junior high). Josh, however, grew up disliking Seinfeld. But I think I’ve converted him! We watch it almost every night after Chuck. We’re actually going through the episodes in the order they aired. I don’t think I’ve ever done that before with this show.
- Rubbermaid Easy Find Lids. I got a set of these for Christmas, but didn’t open them until we moved into the new apartment. I am in love. They’re great for storing leftovers, but even better for packing lunches to take to work. The only problem? I need more!
- Facebook Pages Manager. I’ve heard a little about this app over the past few weeks, but there hasn’t been much hype about it. I downloaded it Wednesday night (since I recently created a page for this blog) but haven’t had much of a chance to use it. I’m not sure if there’s any more incentive to use this app than there is to use the regular Facebook app. It seems to me it would be easier to keep everything on one app. If you’ve used it, I’d like to know what you think.
- The PolishAholic. I rarely paint my fingernails. That’s because I’m usually too busy biting them. But on the off-occassion that I quit for a few weeks and let them grow a little, I get obsessed with nail polish. This blog is almost inspiration enough for me to quit again (for good? probably not…) so I have a reason to buy pretty new polishes, like the Super Mario Bros Collection from Dollish Polish (yes, I want them all).
- Dutch Treats. I saw some hagelslag on Pinterest a few days ago, and it reminded me of the times when my dad would bring some to me and my sister after his trips overseas. That made me really, really want some. So he sent me a link to The Little Dutch Girl, a shop that sells lots of things from Holland. Now I also want some stroopwafels. Yum!
Did I miss anything good? Let me know in the comments!