Here are the things I like this week. I hope you like them too!
- Lists of Note. As I’m sure you’ve figured out from my Friday posts, I love lists. So this is just perfection: a website dedicated to collecting lists totally worth reading. My favorite so far? F. Scott Fitzgerald’s Turkey Recipes.
- Sliders. These were originally supposed to be burger skewers for my July 4th grill-in. It was a fantastic idea in my head, but then I started planning and realized what a terrible idea it was. The meat was way bigger than the veggies, and I really wanted little blocks of cheese on the skewers (which would have totally melted). Instead I opted to separate the items and have sliders, veggie skewers and cheese on the side. I also convinced my bestie to try grilled asparagus (this was my first time cooking it), and she actually liked it. Plus, she made homemade macaroni and cheese!
- Anything sweet. Simply because I’m on a sugar ban. I want all the sweets!
- Peanut butter treats. I’ve been seeing a lot of these lately. Is peanut butter the cool new thing? Anyway, Josh has had a love affair with peanut butter since before we met, so I collect recipes (along with other things I think he’ll like) on this pin board. P.S. Go look at the Ice Cream Cupcake Peanut Butter Cups. I’ve promised take a momentary break from the sugar ban and make them as a happy-moving-in-together gift once we’re in our new place.
- Bacon. Another recent public obsession. Seriously, what is this all about? I’m not a fan, so I dedicated a board to this topic as well. Bacon-lovers, you’ll probably like these pins.
- Ted. If you love Family Guy, don’t miss this. Just trust me on this one. (I can promise at least one Family Guy reference. It totally made my night.) If you need a little persuasion, read this review on Thought Catalog.
- BG&T. Black bean, guacamole and tomato sandwich. I totally made this up because I had no sandwich meat in my fridge and, thanks to the sugar ban, a PB&J was out of the question. Also, I’ve kind of been in love with a variety of tomato sandwiches lately. It’s simple: spread guacamole on each slice of bread, then pile on black beans and sliced tomato. Add a bit of cilantro if you want. I know it sounds odd, but I promise you it is really good.
- Obamacare. After last week’s fuss, there’s no way I can leave this out. But instead of blabbing on and on about it, I’ll let these memes do all the talking.
- Storify. This may be on another list because I actually discovered it a month or two ago. I’m still trying to figure out the best way to use it as an individual (it seems to be mostly news sources like Mashable and NBC News, among others). I made my first storify last week, in light of the Florida floods and Colorado wildfires. It seems kind of scattered, but I think it’s going to take a few tries to really grasp this site.
- Guacamole. I could eat it all day, e’ry day. (See also: Sliders, BG&T)