Here are some of my obsessions this week. I hope they entertain you this weekend as much as they have entertained me.
- Zombies. I’ve kinda sorta really been addicted to a couple of zombie games lately… No Zombies Allowed: Build a zombie-free city. Allow survivors to join you (or don’t if you don’t want them), and make them work to keep the city running while your sniper shoots zombies on the spot. Location services make supply runs hilariously fun. I love the cuteness and less-than-realness of it. Zombie Swipeout: It’s exactly like Fruit Ninja, but with zombies.
- This new dress. Thank you, Marshall’s, for being in my life. I think I could spend every day of the rest of my life in this dress. Then, when I’m done spending my whole life in this one dress, I want someone to bury me in it.
- He and She Eat Clean. Can I please make every recipe they ever create? Also, their eat-clean shopping lists have some really great items.
- Cat paraphernalia. Don’t judge until you really peruse the store. Okay, now you can judge. (But I’d still rather you didn’t.) One of my Facebook friends posted it a few days ago. I couldn’t decide if I should like it (the Facebook kind of like, not the real kind–it was too late to contemplate the real kind of liking), so I sent it to my boyfriend. He thought I was kidding when I told him he’s getting a “Real Men Love Cats” sweatshirt.
- Indefinite. Yes, I just linked you to the dictionary. No, I am not ashamed. Indefinite is my new favorite word. It seems to describe every aspect of my life right now. I wish I could say that’s definitely a good thing (awful pun), but I’m trying.
- Reading. Or lack thereof. Remember that summer reading list I made a few weeks ago? Well, I’m really struggling with it. (For excuses, see “Zombies” above.)
- Playing possum. Okay… so maybe I’ve been in love with this commercial for a couple of weeks, but I think it still counts. Yeah. It still counts. I’m counting it.
- Songza. It’s kind of like Pandora, but you don’t create the playlist. You choose from a variety of playlists for a variety of reasons. I like to pick based on my current activity. Songza has apps for iPhone/iPad/iPod touch, Android and Kindle Fire.
- Why Ya Wanna. Speaking of songs, this song will not get out of my head. Ever.
- Lightning bugs. I didn’t know these were a real thing until last weekend. I don’t have any memory of catching lightning bugs when I was really little, and by the time I was old enough to remember those sorts of things, I never actually saw them. I always thought they were either extinct or fictional. But last weekend, I saw a bug floating in the sky… and his butt was glowing. They. Are. Real.
Enjoy, and happy Friday!